Donation Drive Sign Up Form Donation Drives
At The Salvation Army, we know the power of In-Kind contributions. Gifts In-Kind allow us to build our capacity, hold down our overhead costs, expand our capabilities, and ultimately, serve more people in our community. Some of our most needed items include nonperishable food, new clothing, boxed fans and space heaters, new toys and donations for our day shelter – such as coats, blankets and personal toiletries.
Gifts In-Kind also allow individuals and organizations to donate goods to assist those with an immediate need, while knowing that their contributions are going towards a good cause. Many people enjoy giving physical items, since they are able to see the tangible benefit of their contribution. All gifts are distributed through our social service programs or to our clients via special events.
The Social Services Ministry is in need of the following donations:
The Chattanooga Salvation Army feeds hungry people. And it is our goal always to provide healthy, nutritious food. We are updating our Food List to include whole grains, protein-rich and low sodium foods as well as seasonings, dried herbs and cooking/baking ingredients.
We can only accept non-perishable food items, and it is against policy to give out anything past its expiration date. So, please consider donating from among the healthy foods listed below, and always be sure to check the expiration date. Thank you!
Food Drive Suggested Items
- Canned low-sodium cream-based soups
- Dehydrated eggs
- Dehydrated milk
- Canned fruit or fruit cups packed in water
- Dried fruit such as raisins and cranberries
- Boxed macaroni & cheese
- Crackers - whole-wheat or white, any brand or size
- Flour tortillas - whole-wheat or white
- Granola bars of any kind or pre-packaged granola
- Pasta noodles - whole-wheat or white, any shape or size
- Pop-corn - microwaveable
- Pre-packaged crackers - with cheese or peanut butter
- Rice - whole-wheat, wild or white
- Baking supplies - flour, sugar and cornmeal
- Condensed milk
- Cooking oils - olive, canola, peanut or others low in saturated fat
- Low-sodium broth/stock - any flavor in cartons, jars or in cube form
- Low-sodium dehydrated soups mixes
- Low-sodium seasonings, spices and herbs
- Canned chicken or fish
- Canned low-sodium soups with meat
- Dried or canned beans
- Nuts of any kind with low or no salt
- Peanut butter
- Canned low-sodium vegetables and soups
- Canned tomatoes - sauce, whole, crushed, peeled
- Dried or canned beans
- Jars of spaghetti sauce with or without meat
Each holiday season, The Salvation Army collects new toys for children whose families are living below the poverty level.
The majority of the toys are collected through the well-known Angel Tree program. However, each year The Salvation Army makes a commitment to help more children than can be provided for through the Angel Tree program.
Toy drives by companies, churches, schools, civic clubs and other community groups help provide toys so all the children on our list will receive gifts on Christmas Day.
Toy Drive Suggested Items
- Tea Sets
- Kitchen Sets
- Art/Craft Kits
- Remote Control Cars
- Action Figures
- Dolls & Doll Clothes
- Educational Toys
- Jewelry Boxes
- Sports Equipment
- Toy Cars
- Lego Sets
- CD Players
- Game Boys
Boxed Fans & Space Heaters Drive
Extreme weather creates serious health problems for the elderly, the very young and persons with chronic diseases. These at-risk persons are most likely to suffer in extreme weather. You can bring comfort to a family or individual in need for approximately $15 per fan or $25 per space heater. Box fans and space heaters may be dropped-off at the Chattanooga Salvation Army Area Command at 822 McCallie Avenue or the East Lake Corps Community Center at 2140 East 28th Street .