NEWS RELEASE · FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 23, 2014
Preparing for the Summer Temperatures, The Salvation Army Kicks-Off Its Beat the Heat Campaign!
- The Salvation Army Warehouse, 5001 Covington Street , 9 AM – 12 PM: June 6, 13, 20, 27
- Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe High School, 1001 Battlefield Pkwy , 9 AM – 12 PM, June 2
- Walker County Convention Center, 1054 N. Hwy 27 , Rock Springs, GA, 9 AM – 12 PM, June 9
- For Marion County, 204 West 3rd Street , South Pittsburg, TN 9 AM – 12 PM CST, June 16
Low-income neighbors can apply for a free fan. The following information is needed to apply:
- Picture ID for person applying
- Proof of income for everyone in the household
- Food stamp award letter
- Families First award letter
- Proof of address, either a utility bill in your name, or 2 pieces of current mail
The Salvation Army needs donations of new fans or a monetary gift of $20 will purchase a new fan. Volunteers are also needed to help with the application process. To donate or volunteer, please visit www.csarmy.org . For more information, please call Kimberly George at 423-756-1023 .
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar spent is used to carry out those services in 5,000 communities nationwide.
For more information, go to SalvationArmyUSA.org