Pathway of Hope
Many in our Community need a Pathway of Hope!
As poverty increase in America, families are increasingly vulnerable. Approximately 1 in 6 Americans live in poverty today.
The intergenerational effects of poverty are staggering. And, the longer a child lives in poverty, the greater the chance she or he will remain in poverty as an adult.
Pathway of Hope, a ministry of The Salvation Army, helps families who commit to breaking the crisis cycle and taking a path out of intergenerational poverty.
Pathway of Hope increases our impact for those in continued emergency need by:
- targeting services to more families who want to change their future path
- bringing all Salvation Army resources into alignment with each family's goals
- creating collaborations with community agencies in serving our shared families
Since 1893, the Chattanooga Salvation Army has provided care, hope & belonging to families and individuals in our community. This long history of solving social challenges demonstrates our commitment to helping the hurting when times are darkest.
We focus on possibilities rather than problems by developing a team that includes the client, the case manager, and the community. We work with families to identify and develop strengths for achieving goals through assistance and the collaborations that access community resources.
Pathway of Hope families move forward through four priority areas:
- achieving family health through education and exercise
- budgeting resources for food security and preparing healthy meals
- saving and budgeting money and resources
- completing education, attaining training and getting a job
Pathway of Hope
The Salvation Army
2140 East 28th Street
Chattanooga, TN 37407
For an appointment call: 423.305.6200
A current list of life-skills & education classes and volunteer opportunities are posted online each month.